Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thermal Comfort

I realised early on that this little building is generally comfortable, and behaves very well thermally.
On hot days, the interior remains cool and even after a cool day the building remains warm and cosy at night. The building is also very easy to get a breeze into, which assists even more on hot days (sometimes too easy, requiring fine tuning to stop objects blowing around inside).
I have also been very impressed by the extension that the front (deck end) loft makes externally, which shelters the door, and some external objects from rain. This essentially mean that even if the weather is poor, the deck is not completely unusable, and that I can still leave the door open without fear of the carpet getting wet.
Another observation is that since living in this little building I have become more aware of the weather, and better at predicting the next days conditions. I guess this is primarily because I'm 'closer' to the weather, in that I connect with it more frequently, and don't really loose my connection with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment