Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bushfire Threat

The recent bushfire south of St Helens was a possible threat to my microhouse (and site its currently located on) if the wind was to swing southwesterly this afternoon as predicted. As it happened, the wind did not come around, and the bushfire has continued burning towards Upper Scamander. I believe it is now mostly contained and no longer poses any real threat.
I have to admit that I wasnt really prepared had the wind turned as initially suspected and while I had the 4WD hooked upto the building I had no real idea what my plan would have
been, thus its probably for the best that things turned out the way they did.

1 comment:

  1. Alright perhaps a little hasty in dismissing the threat of the bushfire. I have now been told that while the fire is out of the immediate vicinity a wind change within the next couple of days could bring it back in my direction.
    As such Im keeping a carful eye on the wind direction, continually listening to the local radio station for updates, and have the 4WD ready, just incase.

    ReplyDelete