Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Internal Set-up

Now that I have moved in and had the chance to live in this building for a while I thought I better share a new interior photo illustrating how the building works in practice.
This image pretty much sums it all up. From this image you can tell that approximately half of the utility wall is taken up with either the kitchen fittings, utensils or is acting as food storage. This could be arranged better by installing some drawers (for cutlery and cooling utensils - most likely under the sink) and some hooks (for pots, pans, and tea towels). I would suggest that these two alterations could be done relatively simply, and would considerably reduce the amount of space required.
Likewise the failure to include a fridge means than an esky is essential for any prolonged stay in this building, but even my modestly sized esky does not fit anywhere. Another issue, which I think I've touched on before is the lack of enclosed storage for things such as potatoes, or valuables.
This all sounds pretty negative, which it shouldn't as the kitchen does work really well as does the rest of the storage space, with spaces well sized for books, plants, tools, shoes and even camp chairs. For example I have one portion dedicated to my recyclables, one for books and one with a photo, vase and space for my keys, spare coins, phone and sunglasses.
Furthermore the amount of space provided is ample for my needs and maybe even too generous, especially if the kitchen space was made more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment