Thursday, January 14, 2010

Coastal Microhouse

I have often driven past this little building and would have to place it as one of my favourite buildings of all time. Its magnificently sited, overlooking 180 degrees of ocean, and seems to grow from and merge into the site. I couldn't imagine a nicer place to live or a nicer building to live in. Its use of materials and apparently simple planning create a building with real character, beauty and poetics. Just by looking at it, and driving past it I ponder the stories it has to tell, and the experiences it has to share.

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved that house for the qualities it conveys, the immediate idea it gives you of the people that must live there and the lives they lead. It's wonderful when a dwelling gives such an illustrative idea of a life so simply, right?

    You should drop by and introduce yourself, find out about the house and its inhabitants. Or leave them a letter?
    I'm sure they'd like to meet you.

    Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to never be anyone there, which is such a shame considering just how lovely it is.
    From looking at it I couldn't imagine the occupants being anything but warmly welcoming and friendly, thus dropping in probably wouldn't be a bad idea. I would definitely like to know more about this interesting little house tho.

    ReplyDelete