Friday, January 15, 2010

Levelling the Building

Although I positioned the building on the most level site available it was still on mildly uneven ground. Thus this morning I went to work adjusting the position of the building, which could be done in one of two ways; A - I could chock-up the low side of the building (nearly impossible as it would require raising it considerably higher than the stands allow), or B - I could dig in the higher side of the building, which is the direction I took.
This is considerably harder to actually do than describing it suggests, as most of the weight is taken by the buildings wheels, which are very difficult to dig under and even harder to raise off the ground. In addition to digging the wheels in, both support stands (front and back) must also be dug in. Again all these things sound simple, but cannot be done together, and required the utilisation of a car jack and several blocks of wood. Note: Car jacks, designed for 750KG become nearly impossible to operate when lifting the lions share of 2800KG.
Anyways, were done now and it is as close to level as I think Ill be able to get it.
I guess the lesson here is that this style of building, when designed to be transportable, must accommodate uneven terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment